Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Blog Post #1

https://www.apple.com/apple-news/ 

Apple News is my favorite and most used news source. This is because I have apple products, which makes Apple News easily accessible to me on all of my devices. I also like that there are many news types to explore within Apple News, including podcasts and recorded stories. Apple News takes the best stories from other news sources and compiles them into a "Top Stories" Category within the app. Beyond that it has news from every category, from politics to fashion. Every type of story that you could want you can find within this one platform. Getting news from here eliminates bias in a way because you are reading stories from so many different sources. I highly recommend apple news as a place to find important news and short leisure pop culture reads. 

I would say that my second most used news source is social media. This is because it is so easy to accidentally stumble across a story. Once my attention is caught I have to know the rest of the information regarding the topic. Whether it be a story about a pop star or senator, if I'm intrigued I will dive deeper. This causes me to click links bringing me to different social media platforms to get the rest of the story. I spend a decent amount of time on social media each week so I'm bound to read some news stories on these platforms. I like getting news on social media because I can see what other people think about these stories, and read their comments. This often makes me reevaluate or shift my perspective, I think it is important to challenge your own thoughts. 


https://www.foxnews.com
Fox News is one of the United States' most popular news sources. Millions of people choose to get their news from Fox daily. Fox News is known to be right leaning with its commentary and stance on certain issues. I would not consider myself to be a conservative however my views are predominately right leaning. With that being said I don't always agree with how Fox covers certain issues, or with the commentary that is had over said issues. Overall I do find Fox News to be reliable and to always have a story that is relevant. Which is why it is one of my most used news sources. 

https://nypost.com
I was born and raised in Vermont but I reside in New York now. My parents have a subscription to the post and use it as one of their main news sources. By association I gravitate towards the post for news. One of my favorite things about the New York Post is how their website is set up. You can find news of every kind, in its designated section, easily. The post also covers national news however I would say that a lot of their most popular stories are from the north eastern states because that is where most of the Posts' readers reside. I would say that the post isn't as reliable as Fox with news stories, however it tends to publish more pop culture news stories which is what I am mostly interested in. 


Finally I get a lot of my news from friends and family. Although they are not a primary source and there may be many holes in the stories that they provide me with, I tend to learn a lot from them. Especially my step father. He is constantly sending me news stories. For example before I went on spring break to another country he sent me many stories about spring break gone wrong, telling me to be safe and smart. I think I probably get most of my information from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog #7

Diffusion of Innovations: Snapchat When Snapchat was first introduced the concept was unheard of. It was texting but with pictures and video...